Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Rearranging


Big things have been happening on the doll side of things. In the past 24 hours, I've completely unpacked and re-packed my entire doll collections of 1:6, 1:9, and 1:12 people. I've rearranged and mostly put away the 1:9 dolls in anticipation of the move (which is probably still months off) and also pulled out the 1:6 dolls to keep me company in the interim.

Life has been a bit stressful due to health issues and moving and political and family drama. I may have gone on a little bit of an ebay shopping binge, but being mostly broke, it was only a small one. I'm expecting a few cheap accessories to be trickling in, though I did finally buy the Lightwaves bar to renovate! I've been selling more than buying lately, so it felt good to pick up a few fun things.

I have to admit that current events did give me some pause about going ahead with Lightwaves. I wanted to write darker stories with it than I usually do, but I wondered if more darkness was really needed in the world. However, I think I need to tell this story. Maybe other people wouldn't consider it overly intense, or overthink it the way I am. I only know that I wanted to push my comfort zone, and this will do that. I am a person who sees my projects in stages of pre/pro/post production, and I am definitely in the pre stage right now! Trying to get to know my characters, trying to design the sets, trying to decide exactly what story I do want to tell. Ideas are swirling around in my head, and I want them to be more solid before I begin in earnest. This is mainly for myself, anyway. For me to create this world that I am starting to see so clearly, to share it, to get it out of my head and into reality. What happens beyond that, is not in my control.

Because I loathe blog posts without photos...behold Celeste's fantastic boots! I wish I could wear these...
       

2 comments:

  1. Real life can be so so annoying, but hopefully immersing yourself in your doll world will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do what I can with real life, but it's so important to have a creative outlet to turn to. I'm looking forward to seeing my club diorama come together!

      Delete