Friday, December 16, 2016

December Musings

It has been a busy month here in 1/6 L.A., as well as 1/1 *location redacted*! I have been selling off a lot of my old, stored toys on eBay. It is sad to see them go, but also a good feeling to know that they will no longer be stuck in storage and will be going to homes that want them. I like thinking of the buyer being excited to get my toy in the mail. Plus, it gave me some extra money for Christmas shopping, shipping Christmas presents (wow, so costly!), and even a bit left over for some fun stuff for myself! Yay, new dolls!

I may have gone slightly overboard with the Barbie shopping, but I am not sure how much of it will be for me and how much of it will be additional gifts. There were a few that have been on my wishlist for quite a while, and I thought, well why not? They make me smile, and I can use all the smiles I can get! It's also funny collecting something where I can buy a pretty decent doll for $15. I am used to collecting things that cost three times that, at least! It's easy to go overboard! Especially with all of the new variety in dolls and clothing options!

The clothes I had for my barbies growing up were so strange, and not normal person clothes. They didn't fit very well, except the handmade clothes, and tended to be bright, neon colors! I've worked very hard recently to find basic items like T-shirts and regular pants for my dolls, but it is definitely a challenge. I guess Barbie lives most of her life in ball gowns and minidresses! I wish I was better at sewing!

I did sew this odd top for Stacie. The collar is stretchy and can be worn as pictured, or with the collar stretched down over both her shoulders. She is wearing a matching hair tie.

    Shopping is really fun, and I maybe spent too much this month, but I can't wait to open the packages and share them! I love how my doll collection is turning out so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment