Thursday, October 12, 2017

Charahub

I've still been mostly unable to reach my dolls. It's been a sad, doll-less summer. But I have made a few doll purchases, despite my mostly-shut wallet. There were a few I just couldn't pass up!

This lovely lady was one of them.
     I also fulfilled a (slightly revenge-fueled) childhood doll dream and I'll be making a separate post about that as soon as I get some good pictures.

    Mostly what I've been doing to get my doll fix, however, is making profiles for my doll characters on a site called Charahub. It's free up to 100 characters, 10 pictures can be uploaded per character. It's awesome for story organization! There's a system in place for grouping, and another for linking characters and creating custom relationships between them to keep track. I have 85 characters to figure out the relationships between them, their backstories, their personalities, their names and occupations, everything, and it has helped immensely. It's even helped me flesh out some plot ideas!

    Being the somewhat overly-organized person I am, this site has been amazing for keeping me sane while I physically can't organize anything else in my life. Plus, I'll have a much better idea what I'm doing with my dolls when I actually start building physical sets someday.

Melody is not a morning person
        Instagram is where I'm doing most of my photo doll stuff for now. I have pulled out Melody, Andrea, and Anya for short adventures when I can do them.
Waiting...
    They're living in a tiny shelf cubby "studio apartment" with no furniture. It's not glamorous, but I guess it beats being stuffed into the doll storage box!

No comments:

Post a Comment