Tuesday, February 27, 2018

New Year News

Okay so it's...almost March...but...it's still a new-to-me year!

I haven't been spending as much time with my dolls as I wanted to. Life keeps throwing curve balls. My computer died around Christmas, so I finally broke the piggy bank and got myself a pretty nice new one...but now I don't have any software to edit photos or videos with! We lost my grandmother last month, and nearly lost my uncle soon after. So...it's all a bit of a mess right now.

I needed my dollies! I brought them all in from the storage and they live in their box in here with me. There's not much space, but now I can take them out and make them clothing. A few new faces have joined since last year. Mostly, I am just getting reacquainted with the ones I already have!

If you follow my Instagram, you'll have seen many of these photos, but if not, enjoy!

Andrea and Anya have a comfy chat
Anya went all out for Halloween!
Snow Queen!

Mel shows off a new creation

A take on the Little Black Dress

A sweater dress made from a sock

Same sock, different sweater (and she's very excited about her new blue streak)


I made a dress from leftover scraps
Violet got a new look
Celeste got a whole new head!
Andrea and Mel went on vacation...
"We really...really need this vacation!"

On the plane


Where's our luggage?
...and returned with a new friend...




A new guy arrived...



And more keep showing up out of the storage pit, or ebay finds!




I even tried a little bit of makeup, just for fun, on this Flynn who needs some repairs anyway...I have plans for him! Muahaha!

I have much more to show, dolls I dug up, projects I've worked on (my old Stacie doll, Alexis, got rerooted and she looks like a mess!), but sadly no more pictures for now. Still, it was a pretty long blog post trying to get caught up from last year!

I'm so excited about winning Ms Brini's birthday giveaway! 

I hope life has been treating you all well!

6 comments:

  1. It's great to see your collection and what you are doing with your dolls. Sorry to hear about the difficult times, but nice to know your dolls are giving you the kind of comfort and distraction needed to get you through. Many of my dolls are in the room with me. They are the first and last things I see each day. They always put a smile on my face much in the same my baby dolls brought me joy as a small child. I wish the same joy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I sometimes forget how much comfort my dolls bring, and put them away so they don't get damaged...but they are far more valuable to me where I can see them than packed away in boxes! I need to remember that sometimes. I live in an RV so I don't have much space, but I do try to keep a small shelf cubby of dolls and figures now, as well as my doll box. I can't wait for the day that I can again have dioramas set up, but at least for now I can have my little "muses" around me!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your recent life trials, but congratulations on winning the giveaway. Maybe your luck is turning.
    I also enjoyed seeing what you've been up to doll wise. Was that a Guardians Of The Galaxy figure in the red coat and are you planning a review?
    Whatever you have planned, I look forward to reading it. Take care.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the year has had a rough start, but there are always small things to enjoy (like dolls!). Moments of light and fun between the crises. The giveaway dolls are keeping me company right now as I'm stuck in bed.

      It is a Guardians of the Galaxy figure! He is a Hot Toys Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I have never bought a Hot Toys doll before and I got him as last year's birthday/Christmas gift to myself, hee hee. I definitely am planning to do a review on him soon, I'm just waiting to be off these heavy pain meds before I handle him for many photos. He has many tiny delicate accessories and even a teeny baby Groot!

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting, it means so much to me!

      -Erin

      Delete
  3. Hope you are doing better - out of bed that is.

    My condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Glad that your uncle is with you.

    Dolls and action figures are comforts. Making clothes for them and taking photos of them is soothing "work." Seeing them brings pleasure to the viewer as well as to the "player." Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your kindness ^^ 2018 has hit my family pretty hard, but I keep thinking, there must be a happier time around the corner! You're absolutely right, doll creativity is a wonderful outlet/community and I'm very grateful to have this bright spot and be a small part of it.

      Delete