Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fashion Show

Well, the weather outside is frightful, so I've been inside, making doll clothes. I don't have patterns, a sewing machine, or really much sewing experience, but I'm the kind of person that really just likes to jump in and learn by doing anyway.

My first attempt was a red fleece sweater. It turned out pretty well, I think, for a first try. Jayda is at least going to be a lot warmer than in that white dress. Ignore the makeshift skirt. She just wanted to be decent for the photos!
Next, I decided to do something with some scraps left over from a full-size sewing project of mine (another first for me). Clark needed something to wear, so I thought I'd try making him a shirt.
It didn't turn into a shirt, exactly, but I like it anyway. Personally, I think it's the best thing I made.
After that, I got bored with sewing and wanted to crochet. I am very good at crocheting, at least. So I crocheted this cute little top for Jayda.  I made a few mistakes with the back, but I'll know what to do differently next time.
The yellow fabric called to me to create a hoodie for Clark, because I've wanted it for him since before I got him. It turned out to be a thicker fleece than I was expecting, more of a felt, really. This caused some scale problems, but I tried to make it work anyway. It looks cozy.

He had two jackets, but nothing to wear under them, so I made him this weird...fleece sleeveless tank top shirt thing. I also made the pants, but they are really ugly and awful and I hope I can make better pants someday. I really am limited right at the moment in what fabrics I have here (mostly fleece. WHY did I mostly bring fleece?).
Slowly, my dolls are getting some clothes. They aren't the best clothes ever, but they're better than nothing, and it's kinda fun that I made them myself.

Just for fun, Jayda tried on Clark's suit. She makes quite the adorable Classic program, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment