Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review: Barbie Twilight Breaking Dawn Part II Esme

"Vampires? Really?" -direct quote from a family member
    Again, I have not seen or read anything Twilight, so I cannot comment on the accuracy of the character. I bought this doll with the intention to customize her. With that in mind, I do like her as-is. Her box has a forest background, with a clear view of the doll in front.
   Esme does come with a stand and COA. She has a very "vampy" makeup scheme, with dark eyeliner and deep red lipstick. Her eyes are golden. Her skintone is very, very pale. I had heard that the vampire dolls sparkle, but so far, I haven't seen this. Her hair is soft and has a gentle wave.

   She is not very articulated, but she can move her arms out to the side.
   Her dress has a ruffled purple top (the dress is all one piece) with tiny purple jewels down the center. I thought they were beads at first, but they are actually gems.

    The full dress, with the straight skirt.

She wears this bracelet on her left wrist. Amazing detail!

Her shoes are silver and don't like to stay on her feet!
















Doll nudity! She is articulated only at her neck, shoulders, and hips, but she has the older style click legs made from rubber.

I will probably still customize her, but she is pretty nice the way she is. I do wish she had more articulation, but that is my personal preference for all dolls and I probably should work on getting over that before I go broke buying Made To Move dolls. Another fun one for the fantasy collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment