Monday, January 2, 2017

Review: Twilight Breaking Dawn Part II Bella


   I will admit, I have not seen any of the Twilight movies. I haven't read the books. I don't know much about them at all. I did come very close to actually being an extra in the first film, but that's a different story ;) The point is, I can't really comment on accuracy to the character or series. This doll, and a few other Twilight dolls, joined my collection because I thought they were interesting dolls. That being said, she does come in a nice collector box! If I were a Twilight fan, I would probably be very happy with the display. She also comes with a stand and a card of authenticity.

    Out of the box! She has joints at her neck, shoulders, hips, and knees. Her outfit is fully removable and excellent quality. Her hair is loose and lovely, and she has golden eyes. Her skin is extremely pale, but she has red lipstick and slight blush to her cheeks. Her eyes are heavily made up.
The "leather" jacket is dark brown vinyl, of course, with a false zipper. It snaps in front, but it can be worn open. I love this jacket so much! It was probably the selling point for the doll, for me.
Underneath the jacket is a matching dark brown jumpsuit. It is stretchy, allowing free movement of the doll to sit and bend her legs. Her arms are bare, which makes getting the jacket on and off much easier than if she had sleeves.
    The boots are cute, simple. Black, with heels.

She has a physical ring on one hand, and a painted ring on the other.
     This is to show how flexible she is. She can bend further, but she has to have assistance. Her arms also bend out to the side!

I really like her, even though I pretty much bought her for her clothes. She is pretty, unique, and an interesting addition to my collection!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Erin,
    Like you, I have never seen the Twilight movies or read the books. I have however read the official, authorized guide to the Twilight saga. Well, parts of it anyway. I have a friend who was a huge Twilight fan, and I wanted to know what she was going on about without having to read four whole books. So I borrowed the authorized guide from my local library and skimmed through a few character bios and plot synopsis. Which led to me adding a couple Twilight dolls to my own collection. You're right, these dolls do have more unique and interesting looks than a typical Barbie doll. I myself own a Twilight Eclipse Alice doll and a Twilight Saga Jasper doll, and they've had some interesting stories to tell on my blog (shameless plug).
    Hope your holidays were happy and that you have success in the new year.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I've never had much connection to the Twilight world aside from nearly being in the first movie. I'm more of a Whedonverse vampire person (though even then, give me aliens and robots over vampires and werewolves any day). But still, I love things that are unique and these are pretty lovely dolls. I have a few more on my wishlist. I've been reading your blog but I haven't gone back very far yet, I'll keep my eyes open for those stories! Thanks for the comment, Treesa!

      Delete