Sunday, January 8, 2017

Review: Black Label Divergent Tris

Blue eyes
    Another doll that I haven't seen the movie of...but I really thought she was a cool doll! I would also like to get the short hair version somewhere down the line. I was attracted to this one's articulation (of course) and cute face. She will be a character in my story.
    Her box art is nice. You can see that the doll looks a bit like the actor, although her eyes are blue instead of brown. The doll is very visible in the box, although I think her pose looks a bit awkward.

    Out of the box, she has a stand and a COA.

   I wonder why they didn't give her brown eyes? She looks nice with blue, but the character has brown, and she would have had a completely different look! She does have very lovely blonde hair with highlights. I put it into a ponytail to keep it from getting too tangled.

Her black "armored" top has plates on the front. It is stretchy everywhere else.

She also has three bird tattoos on her left chest/shoulder area.

Her boots are very cool and futuristic.

She wears black ribbed pants

Close-up of her face. Her makeup is soft and natural.

   She has articulation at her neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, and knees.

Overall, I really love this doll! I am not crazy about the tattoos since I prefer my dolls to be versatile, and every other Tris will have them, but I don't think they'll affect her too much since she will be redressed. She poses well, and looks great in photos. Her clothing will also be useful to my story. Welcome, Tris! (she will get a new name)

2 comments:

  1. I have this doll and never took her out of the box. This review makes me want to. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have played with her a bit since this review, and she does redress really well! I'm really happy with her and I definitely advocate freeing her from her box prison ^^

      Delete