Friday, July 15, 2016

A Tight Living Arrangement

I bought a Totally Real- Barbie Forever fold up house used on ebay.

Welcome home!
Very few of the original items came with it, but it was in great shape, pretty cheap, and I really wanted it! Words cannot describe how long it has been, this search for a non-pink Barbie house.
Barbara asks "Where's all the pink?"
I mainly was attracted to the use-ability and small fold-down size for storage. I have very little Barbie furniture and no backdrops whatsoever that they can stand up in front of. It may be a while before I can make any, so I thought this was a nice compromise. It's a bit small for six (soon to be many more!) to live in, so...it may be one person's apartment eventually.

Staking out territory in the new place
"We were wondering if that was a bathroom or a closet. Confirmed, it is a bathroom IN a closet."
"Uh, guys, there's only one bed and it's this old futon..."
"Sharing is caring, Celeste! Who's in?"
"Uh, uh. I'm happy right here!"
*knock knock* "Hey, it's the guys! Since you girls have a house, we were wondering if we could come inside instead of sleeping out here with the bears..."
Andrea: "What do you think, should we let 'em in?"
Celeste: "Nah. Girls only."
Guys: "there are bears out here! Did we mention the bears?"
I haven't done much decorating besides setting up a few furnishings, and thinking about how to make a small backyard/garden area. I can't reach back there very well for posing and photos, but it can be viewed through the windows.
The garden bench. I'm thinking of adding some greenery around it.

A view from the bench


More shots of the house



In addition to the new arrival, I had another exciting doll-related thing happen today! My uncle showed up on the doorstep of my trailer with his arms loaded. Three boxes of GI Joes in combat and rescue gear! (and a random Barbie-sized horse). They are on loan to me to join my fast-growing family of dolls. I spent most of the afternoon squeeing over the teeny-tiny helmets, knives, climbing gear, medical kits, and other goodies in the boxes. I didn't even get any pictures, I was too overwhelmed by the sheer volume of awesome doll treasure that had suddenly shown up. The GI Joes themselves are of course, very articulated dolls, though in my admittedly biased opinion, not terrifically handsome. Some of the dolls fairly old, and I'm almost afraid to touch them, let alone pose and "play" with them! It's going to be a lot of fun to integrate them into a story, and I already have many many ideas gelling!

2 comments:

  1. Neat review of this Barbie structure. I can see its appeal.

    Oh, to the ladies - bears are scary, lol. Maybe the guys can get "in" provided they behave themselves?

    Congrats on the Joe loans. Sounds like fun to unpack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit small, but it works well as a backdrop. The many working features make it fun to play with, as well, and I may have reverted to childhood for a while upon unpacking it.

      Hmm, you could be right. Maybe the guys should bring offerings of food since the fridge is empty!

      It was! I'm still sorting through it all!

      Delete