Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Ladies

Along with the GI Joes, I inherited a pile of lady dolls. Most of them were Barbie, but there were a few not name brand tossed in among them (and even a lady GI Joe!). The first order of business was getting them undressed and bathed, and getting their hair done.
There were some dramatic transformations in the hair.



Some not as dramatic.

I bought this lady to do some light restoration as a gift for someone.

After they had all dried off, I started the monumental task of getting them all dressed in street clothes. This effort was only made more difficult by my limited collection of garments. Some outfits turned out much better than others did. In the end, I did manage to get them all clothed! (my two guys hopped in this group photo for the fun of it)

 So many new faces! I love them all!

She was dressed as a helicopter pilot

Brown eyes!

She's not Barbie brand, but she looks adorable in that jumpsuit
She was dressed as Baywatch Barbie
I really don't know her story. Her stethoscope is surgically attached to her like the Dr. Barbie doll. It looks like Nakoma's face (from the Disney Pocahontas doll) but she's somehow a doctor? Head swap?
Looks like Dr. Barbie's face, but she's jointed, and has much lighter skin! MYSTERY AT LIGHTWAVES DOLLS.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the head on the one doll looks like Nakoma from Disney's Pocahontas line. And I think your right, a body swap seems like the most likely explanation.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! I did a little searching and there is a Nakoma with the same hair stripe that this head has, so I am reasonably sure that this is what happened.

      Delete